Skip to toolbar

A Man With A Plan: Sleekfeather + Speckledstorm [CLOSED]

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts Overgrown Clearing A Man With A Plan: Sleekfeather + Speckledstorm [CLOSED]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shy
    Participant

Sleekfeather
    Warrior of Riverclan

By the time Sleekfeather had reached the outskirts, the sun was well overhead, and the forest was surprisingly empty. His ears were pricked to catch the smallest sound, and every nerve from ears to tail-tip was stretched with anticipation. Off in the distance he could see a clearing beyond the trees in front of him. It had been a while since he’d been here. Normally he would come here to observe his father’s patterns, and he quietly wondered if the tom still came here. Out of curiosity, he opened his jaws to taste the air, breathing in the surrounding scents. While it was very faint, he could smell that Sandadder had been here recently, confirming that the Windclan tom still visited regularly. However, that was not who he was looking for today. Today he was looking for someone else that he knew frequented the area. Someone that could provide him with valuable information concerning his mother’s recent passing and potential murderer.

Sleekfeather stopped at the edge of the clearing, his eyes scanning the the surrounding area for a very specific cat. It wasn’t likely that he’d run into her immediately, or even today for that matter, but he didn’t mind waiting. Not knowing how long it would be until she would show up, though, he sat down and made himself comfortable.

Missa
    Participant

Speckledstorm 
    Shadowclan Warrior

The black-golden and white Maine Coon easily made her way towards the peaks of the Outskirts, her dark green eyes were narrowed as she walked through the forest with ease. The sun had finally arrived and the pink and orange hue of the dawn sky was now turning blue. Lately, a lot of things had been on Speckledstorm’s mind lately but there was a common question.. What happened to her mother Topazfire along with Edge and Dahlia’s mother Vanity? That was the burning question that still haunted her after all these years, even her older sister had came here in search for one of the she-cats but even she gave up.. But not Speckledstorm. Coming to the Outskirts was also an escape for her, although Shadowclan was treated nicely.. It was also a bit overwhelming from going to a cat within a gang that had no rules within a city full of gangs and murderers to a warrior within the clans with all these rules.

Speckledstorm was a fighter, as she didn’t prefer just talking it out as sometimes it would lead to nowhere. No, she was more of an attack first and ask questions if the cat was still alive. That was how she was raised, what her father taught all of his children from an extremely young age. The molly suddenly stopped when a scent hit her nostrils and a snort escaped her lips, Riverclan. What the hell was Edge doing here? Her baby brother didn’t have a brain and it certainly showed at times. The black-golden and white molly stalked through the woods now, following the scent as it drew closer to her. Speckledstorm intended for her brother to stay out of trouble with these cats that wandered the Outskirts and it was a huge risk if their father saw them. But why did Speckledstorm come here as she was also a target? Speckledstorm liked to fight.

However her whole mood changed when coming out of the bushes and spotting Sleekfeather sitting in the middle of the clearing, letting out the biggest sigh and shaking her head. She remembered the dark bengal from his interaction with her sister Aurora, it was somewhat entertaining to watch but the molly was busy interacting with Dawnstorm to fully listen to them. Her dark green eyes watched him for a moment, curious as to why the tom was around here. The Maine Coon soon stepped into the middle of the clearing and her eyes narrowed for a moment “You’re a long way from home, certainly one of the last cats I would expect to see here.” Speckledstorm said, looking around to see if there were any Riverclan warriors around but only smelled him. The molly sat down and watched him for a moment “What are you doing here Sleekfeather? Look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She muttered quietly, as she wasn’t being rude. After all, Edge and Aurora knew him and seemed to tolerate him despite the Riverclan warrior acting like a grumpy badger.

Shy
    Participant

Sleekfeather
    Warrior of Riverclan

For a split second, alarm passed over his face and he tensed at the sound of Speckledstorm’s voice. Truly he did not expect to see her so soon or for her to sneak up on him like that. It seemed the getting the better of him must run in the family. Opening his eyes, he watched the remaining fronds wave wildly as she closed the distance between them. Sleekfeather sighed. “I left Riverclan this morning,” he informed her, not bothering to explain why as his next choice of words would certainly fill in the blanks. “Swanpath was murdered, and I’m trying to find her killer,” he told her, and though the pain was evident in his tone, his features remained as hard as flint, “I thought maybe you would know more about the mark that was found on her body.” Turning his attention to the ground, he used one of his claws to outline the mark in the dirt. “It looked unfinished, but— does it look familiar to you?” he looked at her expectantly, hoping she’d know something that would point him in the right direction.

Missa
    Participant

Speckledstorm
    Shadowclan Warrior

Speckledstorm watched him with narrowed eyes, taking a seat in front of him. The black-golden and white molly was very curious about his reasoning here in the Outskirts. She was very surprised that he would be looking for her, but then again Sleekfeather knew about Speckledstorm’s family from Edge. The dark bengal was certainly important to her younger brother if Sleekfeather knew about their family and the things that happened to them. Her golden ears perked for a moment upon hearing about Swanpath’s death and she was silent for a moment. The molly could tell that the tom was hurting, but was remaining strong about the situation that was thrown at him. Looking at him for a moment, she turned to look down at her paws “I’m sorry for your loss.” Speckledstorm said, not bothering to talk more as she knew the last thing that Sleekfeather needed was more pity.

Letting out a small sigh, the Maine Coon let out a simple nod “Sure, let me see what you have.” Speckledstorm said quietly before watching as Sleekfeather began drawing a brand that the molly hadn’t seen in years and her eyes widened slightly at the image.. But the problem was that it was somewhat drawn incorrectly “Stop.” The molly ordered him, and slapped his paw lightly away. She moved towards the symbol and looked at it for a moment, and shallowed the slight lump in her throat. For a moment, her dark green eyes had emotion and it was like a million memories went through her head before clearing her throat “This is JJ the Ripper’s brand.” Speckledstorm began, and moved her left paw until moving towards Sleekfeather’s drawing and began to draw JJ’s symbol and looked at it for a moment before looking at Sleekfeather and shook her head slightly

“JJ was known in the city for being a dangerous serial killer, ripping through his victims with his claws and teeth before displaying the bodies for every gang to see in the middle of the city. My father had the biggest problem with him because the bastard would quietly take out his soldiers in the middle of the night.” Speckledstorm began to explain, carefully drawing JJ’s symbol from memory. The black and white serial killer was one of the most dangerous cats in the city, it was impossible to get through him without having a death wish yourself “The problem is, JJ is dead.. I killed him many years ago.” The black-golden and white molly said quietly as she finished the last of the symbol before looking at the dark bengal with narrowed eyes and let out a soft snort

“I did something incredibly stupid, and JJ decided to kidnap one of my younger brothers in return.. Tortured and killed him.” She said, and refused to give any emotion and the guilt that Speckledstorm carried to this day and looked up at the sky as she remembered the memories of that day before letting out a soft sigh “My sister, brother and I went on a rescue mission to find our brother.. We got ambushed and JJ almost got my brother until I stepped in and killed him when the Ripper was distracted.” The molly said, moving towards Sleekfeather’s symbol and suddenly erased it before erasing her own. She knew it was quite a risk to have JJ’s symbol around, it would cause a general panic to any cats in the Outskirts that knew of him. But it was unusual, who would be using JJ’s brand?

“You’re dealing with an imposter.” Speckledstorm said as she got up and beckoned her up for him to get up. The two cats began to go through the deeper parts of the Outskirts so no one would listen to their conversation, as only the toughest and deadliest cats chose to stay in these areas “From what I’ve seen of your drawing, the imposter didn’t have enough time to finish the branding.. Either your mother fought back or the killer got distracted.” She spoke, finding a private area within the clearing that the two could speak freely. It was an easy area to see if anyone was spying on them as well, as Speckledstorm could easily just smack them around until they begged for mercy. Watching the tom for a moment, she let out a sigh

“You’re going to need to take a visit to the city that we grew up at.” Speckledstorm said, and looked down at the ground before drawing a square to show the city “You’re going to need to avoid the big building in the middle, it’s been abandoned for many years but my father and his soldiers have inhabited it since we first entered there.. Who knows when the humans will tear that disgusting building down.” She said with a huff as she drew a big circle in the middle of the city, and drew four small buildings on the left side and pointed towards one of the alleyways that contained an abandoned small metal box that the doctors used nearby but years of rust and holes caused them to no longer use it “You’re going to find a cat named Destiny whose been our family’s record keeper for all these years.. Tell him that Mercy sent you, and you need a record of cats who’ve left the city just hours before Swanpath’s death.. He gets a report every morning from a minion.” Speckledstorm said, revealing her old name to him. The white tom within the city would know about everyone’s whereabouts as Twilightfoot’s gang was the most powerful in the city, the black Maine Coon ruled the city with an iron fist and kept all the other smaller gangs in control with nothing but fear “You’re a family friend, knowing three Children of Twilight. He’s going to give you a hard time at first and test you.. But you’ll pass it.” 

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Missa.
    Shy
    Participant

Sleekfeather
    Warrior of Riverclan

Having his paw slapped, he looked up from the symbol he was outlining, a flicker of surprise passing over his face. Was she— upset? A quick survey of her expression assured him that she was, in fact, very upset. Whoever this symbol belonged to must have had history with her. Then, just as quickly as he’d thought that, she spoke a name. JJ The Ripper. His eyes widened. While he’d had high hopes that she’d have an idea of who the killer was, he didn’t expect that he’d have a name this soon. Eagerly flicking his ears forward, he listened to what she had to say before they flattened against his skull in disappointment. When she informed him that the killer was dead, and whoever killed Swanpath was an unnamed imposter, he admittedly felt sick. All of the excitement faded from his features, and in its place a fierce scowl. Sleekfeather’s nostrils flared as he sucked in a sharp breath, his jaw tightening with anger. If some wannabe was behind this, he’d—

Sleekfeather shook his head, deciding that there would be plenty of time to be angry about that later. For now, he needed to listen and formulate a sensible plan. After a deep breath, his mask of steely indifference was back in place, and he quietly followed after Speckledstorm. Admittedly, it was rather curious how particular she was on the whereabouts of their conversation; lowering her voice and glancing around as if the forest itself had eyes. He quietly wondered if she was taking a risk in talking to him about this. “The city?” he repeated, sounding surprised. He’d never been there, and truthfully didn’t know the first thing about it. Though, he nodded to everything she said without an indication of hesitance. If he had to go to the city to find the killer, then that’s exactly what he’d do.

“I see,” he responded softly, taking a deep breath to level himself. “I’ll start heading that way in the morning, then. Thank you for everything, Speckledstorm. I’m truly grateful,” standing up, he dipped his head, something he normally never did, and finished his sentence with, “If you ever need anything, anything at all, feel free to call on me.” With nothing more to be said, Sleekfeather left the clearing and began heading in the direction of Riverclan. If anyone was going to guide him through the city, it was Edgefrost.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts Overgrown Clearing A Man With A Plan: Sleekfeather + Speckledstorm [CLOSED]