A House Divided… {Saplingskies and Hareflight, Closed}

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den A House Divided… {Saplingskies and Hareflight, Closed}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Saplingskies stood quietly outside his den, trying to decide how exactly to go about what he planned to do. It had been a while since Hareflight’s outburst, and he had allowed her to return to the medicine den… but things hadn’t been resolved. There was still a wall between them, and it concerned him deeply. His apprentice used to be so happy and open with him, but now? Now she was like an entirely different cat, all closed off and defensive. Was this just an effect being in ShadowClan had on cats? Were they all doomed to a life of never telling others when something was wrong? He sighed and shook his head. Perhaps it was his own fault. He didn’t know what it could possibly be, but surely he had done something wrong. ‘Only one way to find out, I suppose…’ He stepped into the den, searching for the calico pelt of his apprentice. He spotted her quickly, and was relieved that there was no one else inside. Hopefully it would stay that way long enough for them to talk.

“Hareflight,” The medicine cat’s voice was calm, but somewhat firm. “I would like to talk to you. You are a grown she-cat, and we are going to talk like adults. I have not forgotten what happened between us while our clan was sheltering with RiverClan, and I’m sure you haven’t either.” He gave his words a few moments to sink in before he continued. “A medicine cat and their apprentice are meant to work together in harmony, and I believe what transpired that day is effecting that. I want to work through this, alright? Will you work with me?”

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

No, no, no,” Hareflight muttered to herself, pulling apart a bundle of herbs to stack them for what had to be the fifth or sixth time. There wasn’t anything wrong with the stack, per se, but the calico molly still kept redoing it, trying to line them up exactly right. It was something she could do while she thought… and she had been thinking a lot lately. Her world had been turned a little on its head, and she had made some grave mistakes, and since then things had fallen apart. Her father wasn’t who she thought he was, and she still hadn’t told Raccoonpaw about it. To make matters worse, she still hadn’t made up with Saplingskies, even though he had allowed her to return to the medicine den after the incident with the dog. Things didn’t make sense to her right now, and she couldn’t figure out exactly how to make them right again. The first step, she supposed, was talking to Saplingskies.

As if on some StarClan sent cue, she saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and turned to see her mentor. She set aside the herbs, ears swiveling towards him as he began to speak. As he mentioned her outburst, she glanced towards the ground, paws shuffling slightly.

Hareflight let out a light breath at his question, and she took a moment to pause before her bicoloured eyes fixed on him and she nodded. Before he could say whatever it was he wanted to say though, she twitched her whiskers, taking a step forward as she spoke. “I’m sorry,” Once she started speaking, a flow of words came out. “I’m sorry, Saplingskies, I really didn’t mean any-anything I said there. I-I didn’t mean to hurt you, and I-I just said the wrong thing and I’m sorry.” She paused, ears lowering towards her skull slightly. “I j-just wanted to say that so you know I’m sorry, whether wa-want me to be your apprentice or not anymore.” Looking over his expression, she shuffled her paws again, sucking in a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. She hadn’t realized until Saplingskies had offered to talk about it all how much she really just wanted to be okay with him again. For things to go back to normal.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Saplingskies hadn’t really expected that reaction. He had prepared himself for more arguing and defensiveness, but instead, the she-cat apologized. As she spoke, his expression softened. “Oh Hareflight…” He said gently, stepping forward to touch his nose to her cheek like a parent comforting their kit. “Yes, I was hurt by your words, and I was angry, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want you as my apprentice anymore. It would be cruel of me to strip you of everything you’ve worked so hard for over an argument.”

He stood there quietly for a moment before pulling away and sitting down in front of her. “I forgive you, but I still want to talk about it. I’ve been very worried about you, Hareflight. Can you please tell me what caused all of this? I swear on my life that there will be no judgement from me. Our den is a safe space, and you can tell me anything. Anything you say to me about it will never leave this den, I promise.” He met her gaze calmly, waiting for her answer. The only way they could solve this issue was for Hareflight to come clean about her problem, whatever it could be. He was prepared for anything at this point. Judging by her previous resistance, it had to be something big.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

As he pulled himself close to her, all the emotions she had hidden away since their fight came bubbling up to the surface and she found herself blinking away tears as she thought about how glad she was to still have her mentor in her life. As Saplingskies pulled away and spoke, she nodded her head, taking a deep breath as she met his gaze. No matter how nerve-wracking it was, it was time to tell him everything. She was ready, even if she didn’t feel like it. Hareflight blinked her bicoloured eyes, her whiskers twitching as she tried to form her words.

O-Okay… Well, before the flood e-even happened, I was out collecting herbs for- for you and I ran into a rogue. At the border.” Her eyes met his, and she continued on before he could say anything about this. “A-and I would have told you, except they were really nice an- and do you ever just feel like you connect with someone?” Hareflight’s gaze scanned his and she shrugged her shoulders, pursing her lips slightly. “They said th-they wouldn’t come into our territory, so you don’t h-have to worry about that. But then the flood h-happened and I was really worried about them, so when we went back to the old territory to check the flooding…” The medicine cat paused, shuffling her paws slightly as she considered her words. “I went back to see them, and they – M-Mercury… Well, we’re siblings. M-my mom lied about my dad. He’s not dead, he-he’s just a rogue.” She swallowed roughly, her stubbed tail pulling close to her. “And maybe it’s stupid to feel like this, but I-I kept thinking about what oth-other siblings I could have out there, and if I’m not even a real Clan cat then how can I ever be a proper medicine cat??” Her voice pitched up as she said this. “What if StarClan really doesn’t approve?” Suddenly aware of how many words had streamed out of her mouth, Hareflight clamped her jaws shut, glancing up at him. “I-I’m sorry, S-Sap-Saplingskies…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den A House Divided… {Saplingskies and Hareflight, Closed}