Skip to toolbar

A Father’s Love (Dark/Cherry)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Leader’s Den A Father’s Love (Dark/Cherry)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw

The small calico leaped up up towards the rocks that led her to the leader’s den, cobwebs and burdock in her mouth as she poked her head into Darkstar’s den, Rainysky had instructed her to check on the wounds that Darkstar had after the fox attack. It was nothing serious, but just minor scratches from the fox when he managed to fight the fox off Edgepaw. Rainysky was able to treat Darkstar after he managed to get Snowfeather in a somewhat stable condition while Cherrypaw had been silent the whole time as she was quietly preparing for Milkfrost’s vigil. It was tough since Milkfrost was Cherrypaw’s first death as a medicine cat apprentice, and he wouldn’t be the last, she was working hard with Rainysky to make sure that Snowfeather wouldn’t suffer the same fate as her brother.. This tale had ended in tragedy, she wanted to make sure some light came out of it with Snowfeather’s survival.

“Darkstar?” Cherrypaw called softly in the den, peaking her head inside and saw her father laying in his nest. The molly was very cautious as well as the two didn’t have the best interaction when he arrived with Snowfeather and Milkfrost in camp, when Cherrypaw was trying to take Snowfeather in order to help but her father snapped at her, using harsher than intended words which made her flinch as her father went pass by her, her bi-colored eyes were widened in shock in that moment before she had to shallow hard and run after him to help her mentor. It did hurt her, with his words. But Cherrypaw had to briefly forget his words and help with treating Snowfeather, it didn’t help with him in the den with her but she had to tune everything out to make sure she was focused.

“Hey dad, I’m here to change your bandages and I’ll be on my way” Cherrypaw said as she made her way inside, noticing that her mother wasn’t around. She addressed Darkstar as ‘Dad’ in private or with family, to maintain a professional relationship while in public and to show a sign of respect towards him. It may have been tense between her and Darkstar, but he was still her father.. Even if she wasn’t his own biologically, but she saw him as her own blood, no matter what.  The small calico sat in front of her father before she carefully took off the cobwebs on his shoulder and saw his scratches were healing up nicely before chewing up the burdock until it was a paste and placed it on his shoulder to prevent any infections that could happen before wrapping his wound back up with the clean cobwebs, she was quiet.. Darkstar was quiet as well.

Cherrypaw felt nervous, she didn’t know if Darkstar would keep on lecturing her. It was the last thing she needed as well since she had been suffering from the effects of the Mooncave, she took Rainysky’s words to heart and started taking care of herself more.. Sure her ribs were still slightly showing, and her eyes were red on some days, but she was managing to take more than one bite of her food sometimes. She knew that avoiding her parents’ questions about how she was feeling wasn’t the best method either, but she didn’t want them to worry about her.. They had other things to worry about as well with everything else going on.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Missa.
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

It had been two days since the incident. Snowfeather was pretty much the same, just barely clinging to life. It hurt to see her in such a state, and he wished StarClan would just make their move already. Heal her or take her, it was cruel for them to prolong her suffering like that. He hadn’t been sleeping well, he was haunted by visions of Milkfrost and Snowfeather’s bloody, mangled bodies. He wished he had gotten there sooner.

When he heard Cherrypaw’s voice drift into the den, he started to send her away. He wasn’t angry at the young she-cat, more frustrated that Rainysky kept fretting over a couple small scratches when the medicine cats should be focused on the cat that was laying at StarClan’s border. He had lives to spare, Snowfeather did not. The silence was deafening as his daughter changed his bandages. She was taking to her role within the clan nicely, and he was proud of her. Once she was finished, the large tom sat up in his nest and wrapped a large paw around her shoulder. “C’mere, we need to talk,” he said softly, gently pulling her closer to him. “I owe you an apology, Cherrypaw. I was scared and angry, but that didn’t give me the right to speak to you the way I did the other night. As a medicine cat, you are my equal, and you deserve to be shown respect. I hope you can forgive me.” The dark-furred leader bent down and gently touched his nose to the she-cat’s forehead, hoping that she wasn’t too upset with him. “I know what it’s like to be chewed out when you’re just trying to help, I should have never made you feel that way. I’m sorry, little one.”

Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw

The calico allowed herself to be pulled beside her father, Cherrypaw was expected to be given a lecture but instead it was an apology. Looking up at Darkstar, she rested her head on his shoulder and she sighed softly “I’m sorry that I acted like that as well, I shouldn’t have given you any problems. I was panicking and I was just determined to make sure we at least saved one life with what happened..” She began, Cherrypaw knew that she was in the wrong and shouldn’t have acted the way she did when Darkstar was bringing Milkfrost and Snowfeather’s bodies back. Seeing Milkfrost didn’t make it on the way back to the camp, it made her feel like she failed in that moment as a medicine cat.. Cherrypaw shared that blame with Darkstar, even if she came with him.. There was still an unlikely chance that Milkfrost would have made it, there was just too much blood and the wounds were very fatal.

“We’re also a family, we always have to stick together.. No matter how crazy we tend to drive each other as well.” Cherrypaw said softly as she thought about Eclipsepaw, they may drive each other crazy but they both loved each other. It was something to have a big family, but Cherrypaw wouldn’t change it for anything. The molly nodded at her father’s words as they were equals, it was nice to hear that. Both of them had to be a team along with Goldenswan and Rainysky to make sure Riverclan was in one piece, no matter what.

“Snowfeather is doing okay right now, her breathing is slightly stronger but we still don’t know what will happen.. Right now it’s just a waiting game and praying to Starclan will help her.. But she’s strong, and Rainysky and I will keep fighting and make sure that she gets better.” Cherrypaw said, she wasn’t saying that to comfort herself but her father instead, she knew how much Darkstar cared for his former apprentice and how kindly Snowfeather treated her.. Cherrypaw was going to fight for Snowfeather and make sure she would survive, so long as Snowfeather kept fighting too.

“I can never be mad at you dad, not even if you asked me to.” Cherrypaw chuckled at him as she looked at him with her bi-colored eyes  shining at him with a smile on her face before she looked at him “Tell me a story, of you and mom.. You know I love to hear stories about you two.” She said, hopefully to distract him a bit since she saw how he looked tired and how he looked worried when she came in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Leader’s Den A Father’s Love (Dark/Cherry)