A Different Kind of Peace & Quiet [Stag + Rainy]

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory The Rapids A Different Kind of Peace & Quiet [Stag + Rainy]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hornetstar
    Participant

The brown tom had lunk out of camp and to the Rapids after morning patrol. He had ensured he had been seen by at least one of his siblings back at camp so none of them worried about him and came looking, but otherwise had yet to speak to anyone today. Even on the patrol he had barely said a word to anyone else, content to keep to himself as always. Which was why he had snuck off to the Rapids for a while.

Stagthroat had carefully picked his way out across the large rocks in the fast flowing river, settling on a larger one so he was almost smack dab in the middle. The water wasn’t nearly as loud as a waterfall would be, but the dull roar was loud enough. It was part of the reason he so enjoyed this area and seeking out peace and “quiet” here.

Chris
    Participant

Rainysky, too, sought after a peaceful respite away from the bustle of the Clan. Though he did not have any cat, even in his direct family, who was likely to take note of his absence. The silver tabby tom moved fluidly through the undergrowth, emerging from cover without a sound. He froze, upon seeing his little space was already occupied. This was all well and good- he did not own it, and there ere countless lesser places for which one could seek solitude. Turning to leave, he clumsily snapped a twig breaking the silence and thus announcing his presence all in one fell swoop.

He winced, and smiled weakly at the other- rather handsome- tom. “S-sorry. Didn’t mean to barge in….I like coming here to be alone….well I suppose you do too..! Since you came alone. Not with me. Or anyone else.” He realized words were tumbling haphazardly from his mouth and his cheeks burned with chagrin. “I’ll, just ah….” He moved to leave, kicking himself mentally.

Hornetstar
    Participant

The brown tom almost missed the sound of the snapping twig over the river, but as soon as the sound registered with him his head snapped up and around. Dark amber eyes locked onto Rainysky’s form, the warrior instantly relaxing as he saw the noise maker wasn’t a threat. A threat to his physical well-being, anyways. To his mental health was otherwise yet to be determined. Though the grey tom was certainly easy on the eyes.

“Stop blathering like an idiot,” he grumbled, rolling his eyes. Usually he was all one for solitude and the least amount of socializing possible but… He didn’t have claim to the Rapids more so than any other cat. Besides maybe the leader, but even then. “If you quiet down I don’t mind if you stay. I alone don’t own this area, after all.” He huffed, leaving it at that. If Rainysky chose to go or stay, he really didn’t care.

Chris
    Participant

Rainysky flinched, as though the words uttered were a physical attack. Yet he remained where he was, uncertain if retreat would prompt another volley of insults. He now recognized upon whom he had intruded, and his pelt prickled with unease. Sitting down, not too close but not too far either, the wispy silver tom nervously groomed his whiskers in silence for several minutes.

“Well, yes, but I thought you might be doing something important Stagthroat.” He said, trying to ensure his voice came out stronger than he felt.

Hornetstar
    Participant

He would admit to himself that he was very surprised when Rainysky actually chose to stay. All the evidence pointed to the logical conclusion the grey tabby would more than likely take his leave, but it would seem Stagthroat was proven wrong. Oh well.

Quiet once more settled over them, before the other warrior spoke up again. This time his voice came across more confident at least. “If lounging about can be counted as important, then I was,” he replied, shrugging an almost dainty brown shoulder. He was without a doubt a tom, but unlike most of his brutish Clanmates, he had certainly inherited some of his father’s genes. Smaller paws, a thin and stream lined body, shorter fur that wasn’t terribly thick. “Are you doing something important then? I’ll gladly get out of your fur.”

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Hornetstar.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory The Rapids A Different Kind of Peace & Quiet [Stag + Rainy]