A Chance Encounter [Smoke & Кофе]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream A Chance Encounter [Smoke & Кофе]

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Lux.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Smokewisp slogged along, paws muddying as the rain continued to pour down. She’d just finished dawn patrol, but her paws still felt restless. She wandered towards the stream, longing for for peace and quiet to still her restlessness.

She took a seat, feeling the gravel crunch beneath her haunch as she plopped down. ‘Its been so long,‘ she thought, feeling weary. Ever since the clan moved to their new camp she’d been working tirelessly. Digging weeds, moving briars, and filling long abandoned fox dens had consumed her free time. But today, at least for now, she’d rest. Smokewisp tenderly lifted a paw, cleaning between her scuffed pads and chipped claws. It might’ve been dirty, brutal work. But at least it was nearly complete.

Her ears pricked as she heard some sort of commotion further down stream. She instinctively darted into the ferns, peering out with gleaming amber eyes. ‘Another patrol? Or rogues?‘ she silently considered the plausibilities. She was alone, so she’d turn back towards camp if it was anything serious. But, she felt her paws rooted to the earth.

Pheebs
    Participant

A sleek Havana Brown tom darted through the marshy forest, long legs pumping before skidding to a halt. Coffee raised his head, the large ears crowning his head swiveled about in search of the fox’s panting that had followed him. The kittypet finally sat down when he realized he’d lost the fox, allowing his shoulders to slump and thin tail to wrap up and over his paws as he took a second to breath. Coffee glanced up, freezing when his sea-green eyes locked with pale amber orbs.

“I’m sorry,” Coffee murmured quietly, leaping back onto his feet. Of course Coffee had heard about cats living in the woods, mostly from Isaak who had occasionally rescued cats from there, but he’d never entertained the idea of meeting one. Standing mere foxlengths away from one was quite the experience, and he felt a moment of awkwardness knowing his scent couldn’t be pleasant. The smell of coffee, his namesake, was certainly tolerable but that sharp smell that Isaak often reeked of mixed with the coffee scent. Vodka and coffee, that’s what he smelled like. ‘Bet she hates that…’

“Forgive me for intruding, my name is Кофе.” The Havana tom grinned, “I’m guessing you don’t get a lot of visitors?”

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp prowled out of her hiding spot, eyeing the brown tom. His fur was sleek, and he lacked any distinct clan scent. ‘Kittypet,‘ she concluded, her muscles relaxing. ‘Too clean for a rogue, too soft for a clan cat.‘ She shook her head slightly as he stated his name, “Кофе? You kittypets have the strangest names.”

She nodded a quaint greeting before taking a seat. “You’re trespassing on Shadowclan territory, just so you know. Many aren’t quite as understanding, so be careful.” She scented the air but found herself unable to detect any threats. However, he’d clearly been running for his life. “I’m Smokewisp.Why are you here? Were you running from something?” 

Pheebs
    Participant

Coffee grinned, shrugging nonchalantly. “I guess, but it isn’t strange to me since I’ve grown up hearing that name assigned to me.” The slim brown tom padded closer to the older molly, cringing at her warning. “Yeah, I didn’t mean to run into your territory, извините (sorry).” He paused for a moment, considering the questions Smokewisp had asked him. Sea-green eyes flicked backwards behind him, his entire demeanor clearly showing he was still a bit wary of whatever he’d been fleeing from.

“I’m here because this place seemed like the safest way to lose a fox.” Coffee shuddered, visible disgust for foxes expressed by his scrunched nose and bristling hairs. Refocusing back on the molly, the kittypet leaned forward with renewed excitement. “So you’re a forest cat, huh?”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Pheebs.
    Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp cocked her head, intrigued. “You ran from a fox? You must be pretty quick on your feet.” She scrutinized him for a moment. He didn’t seem to be lying. ‘An average kittypet would’ve met a worse fate,‘ she thought. Perhaps the young tom could be a valuable addition to their clan.

I am. Of the five clans I belong to Shadowclan. We live among the pines and in the tunnels below.” She paused for a moment, taking a breath before asking. “You know, if you’re curious I could show you. Clan life isn’t perfect, but there’s something special about being part of something larger than yourself.” She strode forward, indicating the dark brown tom should follow along. Showing him a glimpse of clan-life would be far easier– and more effective– than trying to explain it.

Fortunately, they weren’t particularly far from the camp. She lead him along the stream, drawing closer to the base of the mountains and their new camp. Sunset would arrive shortly, and so most of Shadowclan would be settling in for the evening and tucking into a meal. She lead him into some cover, where they could hear the gentle murmuring of talk in the distance. “We can sit here for a while, if you’d like,” she said quietly, looking over at Coffee. She gestured with her tail through the bracken, indicating a small window through which he could observe the camp. “It’s peaceful, most of the time. If there’s cause to fight it’s usually because of the mouse-brained actions of another clan.

Pheebs
    Participant

Дa, I like to think I’m fleet footed.” Coffee smiled, warmed by the thought that he’d managed to pique the forest cat’s interest. Really, he was used to being ignored, or part of a crowd. It wasn’t necessarily sad, just part of life in a crowded den, but it was nice to be noticed sometimes. The Havana Brown stopped short of speaking, blinking rapidly to assure himself he hadn’t misheard. 

“Show me?” The kittypet smiled, a tad wary. “Larger than myself, hm? I suppose I can understand that in a way.” Coffee’s ears perked up on his head, quick to follow the slender grey she-cat. As they dove into the woods Coffee noted the almost muggy air, how the swamp’s warm air seemed to envelop them in a hug. It was nice, actually. Traveling by the stream Coffee couldn’t resist stopping to dip a paw into the water, feeling the biting coolness. One summer ago Coffee’s two leg had taken him and the other animals out to a huge stone basin filled with bitter tasting water that had a distinctive smell Coffee wouldn’t be forgetting. At the time he’d fallen right in after Дasha shoved him, but every time Isaak took them out Coffee would head to the pool. After moons of this he’d finally gotten a loose understanding of how to swim, along with it he’d come to love water. 

Before Smokewisp could get too far ahead the house cat sprinted over, slowing his pace once he was trailing just behind her shoulder. Coffee wasn’t sure why but the molly gave off a authoritative presence, one that had him dropping to a pace a hair slower for her. “The other clans… do they cause many problems?” He asked, voice hushed as he settled down onto his haunches. Down below he studied the movements of cats, ‘forest cats’. Some were eating, others speaking, and- 

“Are those kits?!” Coffee exclaimed, eyes blowing wide in shock. He knew he shouldn’t be overly surprised, seeing as forest cats had “clans” and there were bound to be families within those clans. He couldn’t help it though, Coffee’s thoughts traveling to the vicious fox he’d raced away from mere moments ago. ‘This can’t be a safe place for them’ he thought anxiously, knowing his face must’ve displayed his anxiety to the world. Coffee couldn’t help it, though, all his life he’d been a caregiver. For Isaak, when there were days he wouldn’t, or couldn’t, do anything and for Lucas when the kit had to leave in the early mornings Coffee would act as a care taker. It made sense that he’d develop a strong maternal personality, and a compulsive helper to anyone (really, anyone). 

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Pheebs.
    Lux
    Participant

Well…” Smokewisp began, hesitant to explain the inner turmoil among the clans to an outsider. Especially during times like these, where the clouds of war were clearly upon the horizon. “That’s a complicated question to answser. It depends, our relations are currently worse than usual. To be honest there’s always some tension. But, recently we’ve been at each other’s throats.” She sighed, feeling frustrated. “It comes and goes like the ocean’s tide. We never know when– or how– the next battle will arrive. But, that’s why we’re a clan. We endure the hardships together.

She noticed the dark tom’s attention locking onto the kits, and she instinctively blocked him with her tail. “Easy now,” she cautioned him. “Yes, that’s one of our earliest litters this new leaf.” She peered through the leaves, watching the kits frolic about their mother. “They’re doing quite well, I believe. Although I’m no experts on kits and queens.” She snorted, somewhat bemused. “Anyway, what do you think Coffee? If you’d like I could bring you to Hornetstar. Otherwise, this is as far as I can let you go and I’ll have to ask you return to wherever you came from.” She eyed him, curiosity prickling her paws. This was the moment. A point of no return.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream A Chance Encounter [Smoke & Кофе]